Night of Knowledge and Nonsense
Tour de Trivia was held on Saturday, May 21st, 2022
We did GOOD again this year raising money for Alphapointe, CCVI and the Delta Gamma Foundation. We are still determining expenses, so we will report exact numbers and distribution amounts in our July Splash.
DGs and their guests enjoyed cars and trivia at the 2022 Night of Knowledge and Nonsense event held at the incredible Armacost Car Museum in Grandview, MO. Our first big in-person event was a success with 16 teams hunkered down for 8 rounds of trivia covering sports, music, history and other categories.
- In 3rd place, Jennifer Burrus's small, but mighty team of four players placed third overall.
- In 2nd place was Gretchen Wildrick's team of 9 fierce competitors.
- In first place was a group of guests who have attended our last three trivia fundraisers--their team captain is a trivia fanatic and Harvard graduate.
Thank you to our emcee for the evening, Loren Halifax, FOX 4 News Anchor, and to our caterer, The Mad Greek Restaurant (owned by Delta Gamma Deb Tagtalianidis and her family.) Our restaurant gift card grab was a sellout before dinner was finished! People also had the opportunity to buy 50/50 raffle tickets. Our ticket sales online and at the event totaled $1170. Stacey Wright (DG) was the lucky ticket holder and won the $585 cash prize. Guests also participated in the Blind Wine pull and went home with fantastic bottles of wine for their donations. Online and live auction items ranged from wine to trips to home decorating items.
The results are in! We nearly achieved our fundraising goal of $22,000 for this fiscal year.
Here are the statistics:
- May 2022 Tour de Trivia: $ 18,014.18
- March 2022 Founders Day Donations: $1,420.00
- January 2022 Blizzard Bingo: $1,337.50
- September 2021 Panera Fundraiser: $ 49.74
- Grand Total for FY 2021-2022: $ 20,821.42
We will be giving $12,500 to CCVI, $6,235 to Alphapointe and $2,086.42 to the Delta Gamma Foundation. Thanks again to all who contributed to make this year one of our best yet! These funds will make an impact in the lives of KC area youth and adolescents with visual impairments.
A huge shout out to Cathy Lemon and her team of volunteers who planned the event and volunteered their time during the event as well as helping with setup and teardown.